Photo

Working through a VPN connection

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 365 days. Only Star PT contributors are allowed to post to posts this old.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 joy

joy

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 07:30 PM

I work on an account for which I connect to the transcription platform through a VPN connection and am actually typing on a PC at the hospital. But, the voice files come through a connection on my PC. When I finish with a document, I have to do a mouse click to get back to my PC to get the next voice file. Is there a shortcut to switch back and forth from the virtual PC and my PC without having to reach for the mouse each time I need to switch?

#2 14tonks

14tonks

• Forum Leader
  • 4,504 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 07:47 PM

I have no idea what keyboard shortcuts might or might not be available in your platform; that would be a question for tech support for that particular platform.

If you are sure that you cannot switch focus with any kind of keyboard shortcut in that, and Alt+Tab doesn't do it to move between the windows concerned, then your only option would seem to be using your expander or some other program to script a mouse click. If you can Alt+Tab back and forth, then a script to switch focus to a particular program window would also do it. An AutoHotkey script could do either of those things; I believe there is a complete one posted on their site for moving all mouse actions to the numeric keypad, and I know I scripted something on the keyboard for a temporary fix when one of my laptop mouse buttons went wonky on me. ActiveWords and some expanders can also handle switching window focus to a specific program window.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 365 days. Only Star PT contributors are allowed to post to posts this old.