Photo

Any permanent way to add new drugs to QL 2005?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 365 days. Only Star PT contributors are allowed to post to posts this old.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 gspal

gspal

Contributing Member

• Star PT Contributor
  • 46 posts
  • Interests:Currently only climbing the Instant Text learning curve to increase my productivity and thereby my earnings. So most of my time is invested in front of my PC. After work, I start my Sony portable music player which too is on my desktop and see how to improve on using IT. Only when my earnings increase will I think of reviving my interests/hobbies.

Posted 13 November 2011 - 01:41 AM

Is their a permanent way to add new drugs and dosage to QL 2005 so that they stay there permanently? That is I do not need to start all over again when reinstalling QL 2005. Is there a way to import the list of new drugs say from excel to QL 2005?

#2 14tonks

14tonks

• Forum Leader
  • 4,504 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:42 AM

I haven't had QLDB for a number of years now. Originally, you could open the database in Access/Excel if you dug it out of the folder under My Programs, but I think later versions encrypted it?

If you can't find any kind of export feature in the program menus, take a look in the applicable program directory. If you can't find/get into some kind of database file there, you are probably going to have to add any drug information not autoupdated for you in the new version all over again by hand. In which case, I would suggest this time making yourself a separate expander glossary to hold any drug updates rather than entering them in QLDB. .

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 365 days. Only Star PT contributors are allowed to post to posts this old.