Photo

MS Word window resizing with Chartscript, must close IT to fix it

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 365 days. Only Star PT contributors are allowed to post to posts this old.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Erika Stimac

Erika Stimac

Contributing Member

• Star PT Contributor
  • 39 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 11:58 AM

Hi everyone,

First, please forgive me if this has been covered before. I did some searches but didn't find anything.

I type on Chartscript, which uses Word 2007. I also use IT. I like to have my Word window sized to take up just half of my screen on the right side. However, when I save/send a completed report in and open a new report, SOMETIMES my Word window will resize itself and take up the entire screen. When a new report is opened, I get a message that 'Word is being initialized,' so I have to assume that it is launching Word.

The only way to fix this is to close IT & restore the window size. What is driving me nuts is that it does not always do this, and I cannot figure out a pattern as to when it will do this or not.

I have IT set to link to Word & follow it (otherwise IT would get buried beneath the windows of my reference things).

So, is there any way to set Word so that its window will now resize when it is re-opened? Because the problem is sporadic (occurs about 50% of the time), I have to think that there isn't a default coming from Charscript that is doing this, or maybe there is.

Thank you in advance for any ideas you may have!

Erika

#2 Marianne

Marianne

Supreme Member

• Star PT Contributor
  • 183 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 05:53 AM

With ChartScript.Net you would need to use Instant Text 7. You can download a fully-functional trial version of Instant Text 7 at http://textware.com/..._activation.htm

Note that the IT7 installer installs the new version without overriding an existing ITV installation: you can have an IT7Pro icon sitting beside your ITVPro icon on your desktop. This gives you the possibility to try IT7 without losing the ability to switch back to ITV, whenever you want to. Your glossaries and settings will stay the same.

You can always contact us at 1 800 355 5251 for any questions you may have.
Marianne

#3 Erika Stimac

Erika Stimac

Contributing Member

• Star PT Contributor
  • 39 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 01:03 PM

Hi Marianne,

Thanks for the help with this - I will have to try out IT 7, but it will have to wait until next week. I'll post here with the results of that.

Thanks again!

Erika

#4 Erika Stimac

Erika Stimac

Contributing Member

• Star PT Contributor
  • 39 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 10:06 AM

Hi again,

I did download IT 7, and it solved 90% of the problem. My window still resizes to fill my entire screen, but now I only have to click the min/maximize button and it pops back to where I want it (rather than having to close IT, etc.)

BTW - love the new version!

Thanks for the help,
Erika

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 365 days. Only Star PT contributors are allowed to post to posts this old.