Photo

AutoCorrect to QuickCorrect

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 365 days. Only Star PT contributors are allowed to post to posts this old.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 divinedunda

divinedunda

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 09:20 PM

Is ther any way to import Word's AutoCorrect Entries to WP 12 QuickCorrect. I am only looking to import words & phrases and not formatted text. Until now, no luck.

#2 Harrie

Harrie

Administrator

• Forum Leader
  • 11,438 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 06:50 AM

Hi. I know you can use Ed Weber's AutoCorrectUtilities, which is here, to get your AutoCorrect entries into text format. I'd probably suggest researching at WordPerfect Universe, and/or other sites on the net, first to see how to import into WP 12 QuickCorrect, I know I have seen instructions in the past. Depending on that, you could use Ed's file first, then use Find and Replace as necessary to get your entries into the proper format for importing into WordPerfect.

#3 divinedunda

divinedunda

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 11:42 AM

Harrie,

That link is dead.

I am still at loss how it will help migrate the entries from Word to Word Perfect. After I convert the AutoCorrect entries to text file, how will I make QuickCorrect import them.

#4 Harrie

Harrie

Administrator

• Forum Leader
  • 11,438 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 01:45 PM

I don't have the answer, I'm sorry. I also no longer have WordPerfect to do any experimenting. As I said, I'm pretty much 99% sure you can find the instructions for importing into QuickCorrect at WordPerfect Universe or other sites, without too much trouble.

The link is not dead for me, and the download is also working. I'm afraid I'm at a loss.

#5 divinedunda

divinedunda

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 05:59 PM

When you click AutoCorrectUtilities.exe, it downloads an index.php file.

I have banged my head around the internet for a while to look for a solution. It is always QuickCorrect to AutoCorrect and not the other way round. At Mike Deturi site, I found a method but it required PRD that I do not have.

#6 Autumn MT

Autumn MT

Supreme Member

• Star PT Contributor
  • 111 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 07:58 PM

I was able to download Ed's exe file in the post Harrie referenced, so the link is working fine. Ed's macro is excellent for creating a text file with your Word AutoCorrect entries in it, ready to be used as below. His exe download includes not just the macro but a doc file with detailed instructions on how to use it.

Then, to see how to take it from there, I went over to the WP Universe forums, as Harrie suggested, and did a basic search, which turned up this thread:

http://www.wpunivers...to quickcorrect

It requires some study and work, but it appears to be completely possible. I don't have any more time available to take it any further, but I wanted to test the link and see what WP Universe had to say. There are other threads there, as well, if this one doesn't help you take it from a text file to your WordPerfect QuickCorrect.

#7 divinedunda

divinedunda

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 12:33 AM

I again clicked the link and it downloaded index.php. I dragged it in WinRAR and then I was able to see the documents, so we both were right. :goodjob:

Is there any link through which I can download PRD?

Edited by divinedunda, 08 April 2010 - 12:34 AM.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 365 days. Only Star PT contributors are allowed to post to posts this old.